Now available on the West Coast
Half the fuel, twice the fun
Developed by MJM Yachts, LLC and built by MJM's licensed builder, Boston BoatWorks, the 29-foot vessel is considered one of the most fuel-efficient-built boats on the market today, thanks to its Kevlar/E-glass/Corecell composite laminate, which is vacuum-bagged and oven-cured. The manufacturer says the process makes the 29z lighter and stronger than others in her class.
The low-drag, modified-"V" planing hull replaced the typical downeast configuration, meaning there is less power needed to overcome resistance. The boat's 32-knot top-end performance is achieved with just a four-cylinder, 260 horsepower diesel, which is said to offer half of the fuel consumption of similar-size boats.
The smaller engine also allows for more seating in the cockpit, which stay dry thanks to the innovative hull shape that lays down the wake well away from the boat. The vessel has protected seating for five couples and overnight accommodations for a total of five; two in the cabin, and another three under the protected cover of the pilothouse and cockpit.
- Volvo-Penta 260-300 HP D4 4-cylinder diesel or twin 150 HP Yamaha outboards
- Epoxy unidirectional tri-axial Kevlar and E-glass hull and deck
- Bow thruster and trim tabs.
- 30-35 knots top speed
- Best-in-class fuel mileage- environmentally friendly fuel-efficiency, a very "green" 3 nautical miles per gallon at 25 knots.
- Comfortable V-berth interiors & cockpit seating for 10
- Virtual Tour
- 29z Brochure (.pdf)
- 29z Specifications 2008 (.pdf)
- Owner's manual (.pdf)
- Chesapeake Bay Magazine's Sea Trial (.pdf)
- 29z Designer's Comments (.pdf)
For more information or to schedule an appointment contact us at 310-265-1990.
... a blast to drive
"Out in open water the 29z was light, stiff, responsive and a blast to drive."
“All in all I found 29z to be an exceptionally fun and responsive day cruiser with good potential as a weekender."